Cannot Login to Live Book once I Leave my Hourse

Good day.

I have setup a live book duo in my house, and also have setup the mobile & web access.  All setup has successfully been done and tested.  But once i leave the house, and i try to connect the web/mobile access, it said " network connection failure".  How do i solve this issue?

Make sure your firewall or antivirus is not blocking the connection

Setup port forwarding to allow the connection

Check  this article

Hi,

I tried the steps as in the link provided. However, although the Remote Access is enabled, the Connection Status is shown as “Disabled. Remote Access is disabled. To enable Remote Access, please check the Enable Remote Access checkbox.”

I have setup port forwarding in my router before for another software so I am sure its ok there. What else should I check?

Thanks!

To access your My Book remotley you need to set up romote acces via a web interface. Once you leave your home you are no longer on your network… Hope this helps.

Setting Up WebAccess ThroughWD2go
WD 2go gives you access to all the files in your personal cloud no matter where you are as
long as you have access to the Internet from your computer.
MY BOOK LIVE DUO
USER MANUAL
ACCESSING YOUR MY BOOK LIVE DUO REMOTELY – 106
RegisteringaWebAccessAccount
Create, view, and manage your web access accounts from the Web Access section of the
Remote Access page.
To register a web access account:

1. To enable Web Access, make sure that the Enable Remote Access check box is
    checked in the Configure section of the Remote Access Page. The Connectivity Status
    must be Ready or Connected.
  2. Navigate to the Web Access section of the Remote Access page.
  3. Click the Register button to display the Register New Account panel.
  4. Enter your name and email address of the user for whom you are registering an account
    and click the Submit button.
    Note: When you specify the device user for whom you are requesting the web
    access account, the account retains that user’s share access privileges. (For
    information on creating users, see “Creating a User” on page 78.)
    MY BOOK LIVE DUO
    USER MANUAL
    ACCESSING YOUR MY BOOK LIVE DUO REMOTELY – 107
  5. A “Registration E-Mail Sent” message displays. Click the Close button. The user
    receives an email with further instructions.
  6. Click the Continue button to display your new account on the Account List.
    Note: If you need to resend the registration email, click resend email icon.
    Note: To remove a user’s web access, click the trash can icon to the right of the
    account name.
    TroubleshootingYourWDPhotosDatabase
    If you suspect that your WD Photos Database has been corrupted:
  7. Navigate to the Advanced section of the Remote Access page.
  8. Click Rebuild. Your WD Photos Database is rebuilt.
    AccessingYourPersonalCloud
    Note: WD 2go web access is not compatible with 64-bit Windows XP.
  9. Register the web access account as described on page 106.
  10. In a browser, sign in to http://www.wd2go.com using the associated email address and
    password from step 1.
    Note: When you initially access WD 2go, you’re required to create a password. Enter your
    password in the New Password field, then re-enter the exact password in the
    Confirm Password field. Click Submit.
    MY BOOK LIVE DUO
    USER MANUAL
    ACCESSING YOUR MY BOOK LIVE DUO REMOTELY – 108
  11. The screen displays your WD NAS device(s).
  12. Select the My Book Live Duo device you would like to access.
  • If your My Book Live Duo device is password protected, enter your password in
    the Network Drive Password field.
    Depending on whether you have remotely accessed a share before, a Java application
    run request may appear.
  1. In Windows, the following message displays. If you do not want to see this message in
    the future, select the Always trust content from this publisher check box. Click the
    Run button:
    On a Mac, if the following message appears, click the Allow button.
    MY BOOK LIVE DUO
    USER MANUAL
    ACCESSING YOUR MY BOOK LIVE DUO REMOTELY – 109
    Note: For Lion, you will need to install the Java runtime client. For additional
    information, visit http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1421
  2. Once Java has successfully run, your accessible shares display.
  3. Because Windows XP does not support encryption of a mounted drive, the following
    message displays. If you don’t want to see the message again, select the check box.
    Click the OK button.
    Note: If you connect to a My Book Live Duo device from a PC running Windows XP, data
    being transferred between the devices is not secure.
  4. On Windows 7, the following message display.
  5. Click the Yes button.
    MY BOOK LIVE DUO
    USER MANUAL
    ACCESSING YOUR MY BOOK LIVE DUO REMOTELY – 110
  6. In Windows, click the + Open in Explorer button next to the share you want to
    access.
    Note: For Windows XP, if a reboot message displays, click the Reboot Now
    button.
    On a Mac, click the + Open in Finder button next to the share you want to access.
  7. If a Java message asks you to Allow or Deny the connection, click the Allow button.
  8. You can now access your files. Depending on your operating system settings, your
    share may not appear automatically.
    • On Windows, once your share has mounted successfully, a drive letter for the share
    displays under My Computer (Vista) or Computer (Windows 7). You can use the drive
    letter like any other mapped network drive. Opening the drive displays all of the
    folders and files in the share.
    MY BOOK LIVE DUO
    USER MANUAL
    ACCESSING YOUR MY BOOK LIVE DUO REMOTELY – 111
    • On a Mac, the Finder window opens on its own once the drive has successfully
    connected to the WD My Book Live Duo device and displays your share.
  9. Select the file(s) you want to access.
    You can view, edit, delete, or copy files just as you would with any network drive.
    SharingYourFilesRemotely
    To share files remotely with a family member or friend, create a new user on your
    My Book Live Duo device and then create a separate Web access account for that particular
    user. Only the shares to which the user has access and the Public directory display.
  10. If the person is not already a user of the My Book Live Duo drive, create a new user (see
    “Creating a User” on page 78).
  11. Create a web access account for the user (see page 106). The user receives an email
    providing instructions for using WD 2go.

I have enabled upnp and port forwarding in router. I can verify this using utorrent network test and other online websites to my computer. I used the same procedure to enable for mbld.

I have tried Automatic and Manual Connection Options. I tried Automatic since I enabled upnp in router. I get this error:

Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. (Error 31520)

Where do I know the meaning of this error code?

For Manual, I get this error although Remote Access is enabled:

Remote Access is disabled. To enable Remote Access, please check the Enable Remote Access checkbox.

Any help greatly appreciated!

I noticed now that even in Manual Connection Option, I see same error.

Cannot establish remote access connection. Make sure you are connected to the Internet. (Error 31520)

It finally works after several customer service calls. It needed two things:

1. A reboot.

2. The external port of 8080/8443 as recommended by the help webpage in Manual mode doesnt work for direct connections. It always gets setup as relay connection. Once it is changed to 80/443 and setup my router to allow these ports, then it connected directly.

Another thing is, using Automatic setup in mbld and enabling UpnP in router didnt work. I am using a Belkin router.

Anyways, I am now able to access my files from mobile and browser…