Briked MBLD: Recover files using another enclosure?

My My Book Live Duo 6TB is bricked, stuck at boot time with a white led, sometimes rebooting into blue.

The hard drives are in Raid 0 and are fine. If I connect them to my Windows PC, I can see the partitions, but I can’t mount the Raid Array with any recovery program.

Partitions should be fine, but I can access only one of the 2 big Ext4 partitions… the other one seems not fully recognized.
Anyway I can’t see files inside… just 4 folders… probably due the raid splitting?

Question… What would happen if I connect them to a new enclosure, set as default, like mine?
In case of unrecognised partition, could the drives be automatically formatted at boot time?
Or the partitions compromised?

I wonder if there is any chance of success.

Don’t know if under warranty I could send back just the enclosure and not the drives.

What do you know in regard?

Any other recovery strategy?

Thanks!

All configuration is on the drives, not in memory in the enclosure.  So if the problem is HARDWARE related, then you might be OK.   If it’s a corrupt config, then it won’t do anything for you.

Welcome to the Community.

RAID 0 does not feature fault tolerance in case of a disk failure or controller (Enclosure/Firmware) failure. I would recommend assistance from a specialized data recovery service.

http://support.wdc.com/recovery/index.asp?wdc_lang=en