All music tracks in alphabetical order...Why?

Hello everyone:smiley:

I recently purchased a Live Duo (LD), thinking about using it mainly as a music storage device, in RAID 1 configuration for backup-security reasons.

I am planning to rip my entire CD collection into FLAC form, so this is going to take its time…My intention was to use Naim Audio ND5 XS ( http://www.naimaudio.com/hifi-products/nd5-xs)) network player to stream music from WDLD.The streamer is wired to the network for better performance and it “communicates” with LD flawlessly.It opens the music folder and access all its contents.

Unfortunately there is a slight problem, unacceptable for a serious music lover as myself. During playback through Naim steamer the tracks in every album are listed alphabetically, not in the order decided by the artist (and transfered during ripping).The metadata seem to be ok.When I check the Flac files at the hard discs, track number is listed normally.I am using dBpoweramp for ripping, if this is of any help.

The music streamer has just a few basic settings (it targets PC-phobics after all!), so that leaves me with WDLD to work with.

Does anyone have any knowledge on the matter?I also contacted Naim Audio for advice, but they couldn’t really help.They asked me abour the Upnp server running on Live Duo, but I had no clue.So what about this server “issue”?Any ideas on this?

Both NAS drive and (especially) streamer are pretty expensive products, so I seek the best out of them.Any help will be much appreciated!

1 Like

Hopefully someone with a similar set up like yours can confirm your doubts, I can’t :cry:

The media server built-in in the MBLD is just called DLNA Server, there are not to much details about it in the user manual.  To request more details you may contact WD Support.

it’s weird that the Naim Audio does not have the option to organize the songs by artist.