Alert & Event Notification Error - MyBookLive Duo 4TB

I am trying to set up email notification of system errors on my WD MyBookLive Duo 4TB but keep getting an error when testing. I notice some evidence of this dating back to 2012 but does anyone know whether this facility should work and what might be going wrong.

The dashboard says the firmware is up to date when tested but shows a date of 10thMay 2010. Can this be correct i.e. no updates since then ? I also don’t see any downloadable file on the WD support site.

Edit :

Looks like it is the latest firmware 02.43.03-022 so guess the email error is nothing to do with that

Hi there,

I have tested with my own unit and have not had this issue. Make sure the unit is correctly connected to the Internet when you go to network you should see the Internet access section it should say good.

You can try to reset the unit by pressing the reset button on top of the Ethernet port for 3 to 5 seconds see if that helps

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply.

Mysteriously started to get email alerts through even though the email test showed an error and warned of potential internet connectivity issues…

Anyway, looks fine now but thanks again for the reply.