After update: Internet failing when MBLD is connected and no network shares with WD TV Live hub

Hi all,

Yesterday I solved the problem of the runtime error on the installation CD. I upgraded the firmware and when restarting the system I could not get on the internet when they My book live Duo was wired with the ethernet cable. In fact all my wired and wireless internet was down. I could not get on the internet on the Iphone or Ipad, nor on my PC (wired or wireless) or on my WD TV Live hub. When using other ethernetcables, the same problem. When detaching the ethernetcable form the NAS, internet restored.

A similar problem when I want to set up again the network share through the WD TV Live Hub. Yesterday, it worked, now I can only get some files through the mediaserver on the NAS. When trying to establish the network share, it keeps on searching but does not find my My Book Live Duo…

Is htere a bug in the upgrade of the firmware, or a problem with the router / serversettings? Thanks for the help!

A number of us are having similar but not identical issues depending on the rest of the network.  The one thing we all have is that although it used to work fine at one point, we start losing connectivity to the DLNA server at some point from other devices.  In my case I had similar issues, except I am using an Xbox 360 to access the Duo DLNA server.  I believe they are aware and are working on a resolution, assuming they have identified the root cause.

1 Like

I have not had this issue but I don’t have the latest firmware.

Have you tried resetting or  a factory defaults reset?

1 Like

Intermittently slow and disconnected timing out of my internet happening here too.

After installing correct and latest firmware, the internet continued to drop out and go slow.

First solution - disconnect MBLD ethernet. Everything went back to full speed immediately - so source of problem is from the MBLD

Second attempt was to change the DHCP to static IP instead - this didn’t change the internet availability. (running a BT home hub 2.0 - thought there might be router compatibility issues on the DHCP)

Third solution - disable the DLNA server - and internet goes back to full speed across my network.

NB left the itunes server on.

Conclusion - DLNA server on the MBLD is the problem.

I can access the files and music manually in a folder view way from the PC, but it would be better to have it served.

Obviously doesn’t help for people looking to stream to DLNA compatible hardware (TV’s and blue rays for example) , but if you want to keep your internet connection and the storage facility for the NAS drive - then this is one small way to keep flying in the meantime.

Otherwise WD - please can we have a DNLA server that works. Thx.

I should add I have remote web access, WD2go, WDphoto iphone app, FTP all working happily - it’s *only* the DLNA server that shags everything up.

It’s Running this Media Server Version:

2.2.2.6492C

Hi all,

I guess it must be some trouble with my router-modem communication, because once I swithed the cables from my other devices and the MBLD in another order (PS3 into the ethernet port of my router), the rest (WD TV Live Hub, MBLD, Sonos, powerline adapter) into an ethernethub and this hub in the other ethernetport of my router, and after changing hte Workgroup into another name it seemed to be working without any problem. No failing internet connection anymore, no trouble recognizing the network share on the WD TV Live Hub. However I had to fully restart the WD TV Live Hub after renaming the workgroup in both the dashboard of the two devices (named them after my first name). After that I didn’t have any problem and it worked out fie.

I hope this might help someone else too.

I have exactly the same isse with the Duo Live and BT Homehub 2.0. I have turned off the DLNA and connectivity is restored and not intermittent. No further time outs. 

Any ideas on what is going on?