Adjust Sleep Timeout

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to adjust the ~10 minute sleep timeout of the My Book Live Duo.  I found this information:

http://flexible.xapient.net/?p=570

But the file does not exist on my (English) system.

Does anyone know what file holds the sleep timeout parameter?

johnTaylor,

Let’s see if someone have tried that on a My Book live Duo. Please note that the link you posted is in relation to the WD My Book World II.

Does anyone know if there is another tech support option besides this forum that might have this information?

Hello,

The WD Community was created for Users -such as yourself- to help one another and to share your experiences and ideas with one another.  As Moderators, we are simply here to facilitate and oversee the Community. If you have a question or issue related to the WD Community itself, us Moderators will be happy to respond and assist you. However, if you are looking for technical support from WD, you will need to contact them directly.

To Contact WD for Technical Support:

Contact WD

OK, so I entered a support case, and here is what resulted:

The My Book Live Duo only gives you the option to enable or disable the Energy Saver feature, unfortunately a timer cannot be set, because the option is not available.

So I asked:

I am sure there is a configuration/initialization file in the OS that contains the parameter.  I can locate and edit the file, I’d just like to know which one it is.  Can you help me find out which one it is?

to which they replied:

I apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately we’re not able to provide you with the required information to change the operating system of the drive, since we don’t support this.

Although we don’t provide support for this, you may join our online community, where you may ask other users how to perform this task.

I feel like I am going in circles!

Any other ideas anyone?

OK, here is the solution…

In directory /etc there is a file standby.conf.  Edit that and change the line standby_time=10 to whatever number of minutes is needed.

The file minitorio.sh is actually located in /usr/local/sbin (not bin).  It is pretty well-written and commented, so it is not difficult to follow.  I did not find the SLEEPMIN parameter referenced in the original link I posted, but that did point me to standby.conf.