WD black2 How to use on non supported OS

through trail and error found out how to use a black2 drive on a mac OS and windows server.

all you need is a windows 8 or 7 computer.

hook the black2 up through sata connection

install the black2 software 

once the 1tb partition is active you can then unhook it from the sata connect and plug the drive into another computer/OS and it will see both partitions the 120gb and the 1tb.

the other OS like mac or windows server do not need the software installed. cause we all know its not supported.

all the software does is activat the 1tb partition.

so WD, why not just have both partition active from the factory?

SkyyLander wrote:

through trail and error found out how to use a black2 drive on a mac OS and windows server.

all you need is a windows 8 or 7 computer.

hook the black2 up through sata connection

install the black2 software 

once the 1tb partition is active you can then unhook it from the sata connect and plug the drive into another computer/OS and it will see both partitions the 120gb and the 1tb.

the other OS like mac or windows server do not need the software installed. cause we all know its not supported.

all the software does is activat the 1tb partition.

so WD, why not just have both partition active from the factory?

I concur…I am buying one in 2 weeks…for my MacBook Pro…why oh why cant WD Listen to us Mac users as well?  They say they listened to the PC Users…They’re missing a serious opportunity.

Surely it cant be that hard to create software for Macs to activate the partition that should be active from the factory…hint hint WD.

none of the new hard drives show up in my bios using a dell latitide d620 and a vostro 1000