Where is the link to post a new question

Where is the link to  post a new question or topic. This Forum is not user friendly.

I did a search for a forum on the WD Anywhere Backup Premium software and while I can find some postings, there is no link there to post my question. Strange.

1 Like

You obviously found it because you posted in this forum…

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Other-Software-Accessories/bd-p/acronis

So I’m reading a thread that has not been posted? o.o

You can also review this topic, found in the New to WD Community board.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/New-to-WD-Community/Posting-Messages/td-p/24

I, likewise, can only post because I used your reply button.  I can’t find the post new message link either. I have followed the directions given, but it does not open anything which gives me the ability to post a question.

1 Like

Just so you all understand, you won’t find a New Message button in a thread (topic).  You will only see a Reply button.  A New Message button is only found when you open a community board.  It will always and only show up in the upper left corner, as Tony so aptly pointed out.

Thanks.  I didn’t realize the difference between a “thread” and a forum, I guess.  Appreciate your help.

My pleasure.

1 Like

I guess this web site was undergoing some changes when I was trying to post message, etc…, according to the telephne support line, so the site would not let me do anything at all besides sign in a few hundred times.  This was also complicating my efforts to post.  Today, everything is working swimingly, and I am having no problems whatsoever, other than with speed of this web site. (slow)   Thanks to Bill, community manager, for helping me.

We receive updates to the community platform on a regular basis.  Sometimes, those uncover or cause bugs.  We work through them when we encounter them.

1 Like

Kinda makes me skittish about downloading updates from WD.  I have had some not-so-good experiences with my computer after downloading updates in the past.   Thanks again for your help, Bill S., Community Manager.  I sure appreciate you.

You’re welcome.  And thank you for being a part of the community.

This Forum is terrible. I can’t figure out how to start a topic. It took my 15 minutes just to get here. I need help installing my Live book. The instructions are next to useless and is about as user friendly as this site.

Nickdisco wrote:

This Forum is terrible. I can’t figure out how to start a topic. … . I need help installing my Live book.

Click THIS LINK, then click THIS ICON on that page:

2 Likes

Disregard.

To Kajun;

Unfortunately, sometimes downloading updates either causes a problem or solves a problem.  This is not a new phenomenon, and has happened to a few of us.  All I can suggest is to keep trying to back your pictures up, a few at  a time if that’s all you can do, until someone else might be able to help you. I am sorry this happened to you, but keep backing up any way you can until another answer comes your way. 

Good Luck

Claudia

Kajun;

Got your “disregard” notice after I had posted.  Glad you got your problem addressed.

Claudia

Same here. I wanted to reply to a post about how My Book Essential doesn’t back up and you can’t even find a link to reply that I’m having the same problem.  This new My Book Essential has been a continued frustration from day 1.

Well you did reply to this one :laughing:

It might have been closed or something.

Create a new topic with your problem, this ensures you will get help faster