What the bleep?

RG, can you try signing out and signing back in to see if maybe something is not refreshing right? 

shot down

should fix

shuffle

Seems ok now :neutral_face:

Excellent.  It definitely was the way a word was introduced into the filter. 

Bill?   What are you messing with today?

Now it was bleeping “fix” until signing out and back in. :wink:

I haven’t touched anything, today.  But, I had used a wildcard character with those letter combinations, and I think that caused the problems.  I’ve since removed them, yesterday, but signing out and back in may have been the only way to really refresh your browser.  If it keeps happening, I’d empty the cache as well. 

It was just strange… after the logout/login yesterday, everything seemed fine.  And posts this morning were all working.  Then I tried to reply to a thread that had been getting heavily bleeped yesterday, and it was bleeping me again.  When I signed out again and signed back in, it seemed fixed again.

Wasn’t sure if you’d been up to more mischief… taking another crack at it… or whether there was some lingering issue from yesterday’s posts.

I’ll dump the cache now.

Let me know how it goes.

Nope.

Just tried to say that you can’t choose what types of **bleep** and which files it won’t.

It bleeped the first “files” (and some following words) but left the second one.

EDIT:  See?

That said:

Nope.

Just tried to say that you can’t choose what types of ƒiles SmartWare will back up and which files it won’t.

It bleeped the first “files” (and some following words) but left the second one.

“Just tried to say that you can’t choose what types of **bleep** and which files it won’t.”

Nope… this one is posting from my other PC… it’s IE6/win2K and I’ve never used it to connect to this site.  It still won’t let me say that… so it’s not a FF issue or a cache issue.

Okay.  There’s got to be a bug in this somehow, cause I’ve already removed the words I had added.  Let me look into this some more.  There are some things that are different on the backside, so I’m wondering if there was an update I’m not aware of.

For the record, select things are still getting mistakenly redacted…

Just now it wouldn’t let me say “ƒew seconds’ delay while the drive wakes back up”.

Sorry, RG, I was out on Friday.  I’ll look into it today.  I’ve been reading on the updates and it seems like some fundamental things got changed.

That’s ok… was just letting you know.

Starting to see more and more posts with the  *bleep*, and it’s happening to me more frequently too.

If it was just a word or two, it wouldn’t be so bad, and I could re-word things to avoid it… but when it’s sometimes taking out 20 or 30 words, I don’t always remember what it was that I’d said. :stuck_out_tongue:

But even "Firmware’s Release Notes… " got nabbed a few minutes ago, despite working in here now.

There were a couple of words that I pulled, that had the wildcard after an “f”.  Let’s see if that fixes it.

I don’t give a flat flying fig about the friggen **bleep**ed up dictionary…

Works for me!  :)

Haha.  :stuck_out_tongue:

I too have noticed a lot more “bleep” appearing in post the past week or so.

Joe

I made some changes, yesterday.  That should fix it, but let me know if it doesn’t.  Right now, I’m just considering it a misuse of a wildcard character.  If things don’t get better, then I’ll need to take it up with Lithium.

I  **bleep** the **bleep** **bleep** and **bleep**. What do you think bill_s?