Liking the new organization!

Thanks, WD!

The Forum organization changes apparent today are quite welcome and should improve the flow of info!

1 Like

I second that! :slight_smile:

Although the general flow is much improved, there’s a couple of little things that I miss…

I miss being able to select “Mark All Posts In Community As Read” – it’s a bit of a pain to go into each sub-forum and mark that sub-forum’s posts, and then go into the next sub-forum…

And for that matter, the “Auto-mark” in “Settings – Preferences – General” doesn’t seem to work.  I’ve had it set to auto-mark unread posts as read after 3 days, for over 3 months, and it still behaves as if the preference is still set to “when I read them”.

I think “Mark All Posts In Community As Read” got replaced with “Automatically, when I log off.”  I just did it and it cleared every post in the community.  Unfortunately, I can’t afford to test the one for “Automatically, after auto-mark period expires.”  I actually follow up some important boards with seeing new posts.  I’ll get someone to test the Auto-mark and see if it really isn’t working.

By the way, how are you doing?  I haven’t seen you around the forums for a while.

I’m ok, thanks for asking.

I didn’t even remember that I had tried setting it to auto-mark posts after x days, until I saw that it was still set that way in my settings… I’d given up on it and hadn’t thought to mention that it didn’t seem to work for me, when I was tinkering with it last fall.

As I say, my settings are still currently set to auto-mark as read after 3 days, and it’s behaving the same as when it used to be set to the default of “when I read them”.

As for the “Mark All Posts In Community As Read”, I just found it. :stuck_out_tongue:

This page still has it: http://community.wdc.com/t5/Announcements-General/ct-p/Intro, as do several others.

Whatever page I had been on no longer had the “Quick Links” at the bottom – it never occurred to me to look on other pages; I’d just assumed it was gone from all the sections. :dizzy_face:  It could even have been something as silly as the page hadn’t finished loading yet, and I’d assumed the re-organization had removed those bits.

I wanto to congratulate the forum administrators, the forum is well organized. :smiley:

ricardodegracia wrote:

I wanto to congratulate the forum administrators, the forum is well organized. :smiley:

Thank you.

@ RoofingGuy.  So, is everything work for you now?  I’m testing the Auto-Mark myself.  Time hasn’t expired yet though.

bill_s wrote:

So, is everything work for you now?  I’m testing the Auto-Mark myself.  Time hasn’t expired yet though.

Ya… I’d thought those “Quick Links” had been removed from the pages during the overhaul, but it turns out it’s just an ID10T error on my part.

As for the auto-mark, that’s not a big deal… especially now that I found the “Mark All Posts” function in the Quick Links.  Just thought I should point out that it doesn’t seem to do what it’s supposed to, so that you can let Lithium know.