Ghost posts?

I’m observing a slightly odd issue with my account, which I’d be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing. 

Specifically if I look at the MyCloud Mirror section, I see an unread post count (3 at the moment) but if I look through all of the threads within that section (across all of the pages) then I cannot see any threads with unread posts in them. I’ve had this problem over the last few months, with the count of “ghost posts” gradually increasing. I don’t know if there is a hidden and slowly growing thread in there which I cannot view but the count can, or if something is going slightly adrift with my account. At the moment it’s only on that forum where I see this, all the other sections I read seem to be counting OK (or have huge unread post counts with genuine unread posts, but that figure seems repeatable).

This is happening across three different devices (my home laptop under Win7 Home Premium and Chrome, my work laptop under Win7 Professional and IE10 and my Nexus 7 2012 with either Chrome or Firefox). They are all seeing exactly the same, so it’s not a caching issue or something like that (at least on the local machine). And as far as I can see there isn’t a “mark all threads as read” button on the forum to reset the count that way.

Is anyone else seeing this? It’s not a major issue, just a bit of a niggle when I’m trying to see if there are actual new posts to read.

This happens if the Moderators move a NEW posting before you have a chance to see it.

Yes, there’s a way to mark all as read.

Right next to the NEW MESSAGE button, is a “Options” link; click that and a pop-up will appear.

1 Like

Thanks Tony - that’s resolved it.

I thought there must be a “mark all as read” option somewhere, but never found it. Had missed that little option drop-down…