Confusing user name

I joined this community not long ago.  I have the IE remember my user name and password.  When I wanted to send a support email I was asked to enter my user name and password again.  I entered but got rejected.  I asked to send me the password.  It said it sent me the username but it got my email address as user name.  I tried all combinations but it didn’t work.  I even downloaded a password sniffing program.  The program told me a complete different user name than it displays here.  I still can’t log on again.  If one day I somehow reset the IE I would lose access to this community.  I don’t want to register again and again creating confusion to everybody.

Would somebody kindly comment?

The way our community is set up, you use your email address as the username to sign in for both the WD Community and Tech Support.  Once you are in the community, then your community username is displayed.  Your email address and password are the same for both support and the community.  Your community username only comes into play once you are in the community.