Power adapter

I have an older WD My Book Studio Edition that I have had in storage for a short while. Now I need to use it and do not know which power adapter to use. It seems like with all of the electronics I have, some of these get either lost or put into a box for later use. Anyway, I think I have the correct one (as far as the shape of it as shown on the PDF manual). The only problem is that this power adapter has an output of 12V and 2A. When I look on WD’s support site for a replacement, the requirements are 12V and 1.5 A. Is there a big difference if I use the 2A?

Hello Mate,

Check the link below, it has the correct adapters per drive:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1378/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0MjU1NDIwNi9zaWQvNHVEbzFvMWw%3D

Thanks for the link. I was there before and that’s where I saw that the power adapter was 12V-1.5A. What I am concerned about is that I believe the adapter that I found in my house is the correct one, except that it states that the power output is 12V-2A. I have searched high and low, but have not found one in the house that looks like this one AND has the correct output. So,…back to the original question…would there be an issue with using the 12V-2A adapter instead of the required 12V-1.5A?

Bimfi wrote:

Thanks for the link. I was there before and that’s where I saw that the power adapter was 12V-1.5A. What I am concerned about is that I believe the adapter that I found in my house is the correct one, except that it states that the power output is 12V-2A. I have searched high and low, but have not found one in the house that looks like this one AND has the correct output. So,…back to the original question…would there be an issue with using the 12V-2A adapter instead of the required 12V-1.5A?

nope