Nas.alerts

Hello, I am wondering if anybody else is seeing this and knows what it means. I frequently am emailed a nas.alert from nas.alerts@wdc.com the alert is simply several question marks (???) in the body of the alert and in the subject line. Anybody have any ideas what this means and how can I stop this?

Hello, as a troubleshooting steps, try disconnecting the My Book power cable for 20 seconds and then connect it again. You can also check if you have the latest firmware version installed. Check the link below for more information.

How to update the firmware on a My Book Live or My Book Live Duo

I’m experiencing this too. It looks like an encoding problem when the alert hits the remote server. I don’t think my email client is inserting the question marks. I am using Thunderbird 17.0.8 on Windows 7 64 bit. Changing the encoding on the email within the client has no affect. Any ideas?

I just saw this. I do have the latest version of the firmware:

MyBookLive 02.42.02-012 : Core F/W

I’ll to unplug the drive… once the opportunity arises… I just worry that it might be a heat warning in disguise.

Has this problem been solved or what? I am getting this alert too. I know it has the latest firmware.