Corruption, harddisk now RAW, partition not detected by testdisk

an update: i removed the HDD from the case and connected it directly to the SATA port on my motherboard. the BIOS recognised it easily but again, the first partition is still RAW. the second partition however is recognised easily and is active, NTFS. 

the problem lies now still in the first partition - it is detected as NTFS and testdisk is able to “write” the detected partition data in, as well as “write” the MBR in. after writing these correctly-detected values in, Windows 7 still does not recognise it as a valid NTFS drive - it still reports RAW. 

findandmount also detects these 2 partitions upon deep scanning (not normal scanning). but after findandmount detects it, there doesn’t seem to be an option to try to REGISTER it or something.  it allows an “Image” option - perhaps to image out the problematic partition - is that the correct path to take? 

so now it seems to be a problem of trying to make the problematic first patition get officially recognised as an NTFS partition, by writing valid partition information in again. Easeus Partition Master does not seem to be able to “write” it in successfully as well. 

Is there some other software other than Easeus that I should try ? 

what is the concept of the problems I am facing? the first partition’s information got corrupted, and now does not want to be written back in again? 

thanks !