Android app for external hd

I have a WD Essential 1tb hardrive. A while ago I tried it on my tablet with a micro USB host connector and it didn’t work. No surprise, but wanted to try.

I now have a new Nvidia sheild tablet that runs Lollipop and its meant to have better external drive permissions. Well I had to disable the password on my HD, but it worked fine. I can now do on my tablet something that was really the only reason I still used a laptop. Backing up my hardrive.

What if WD made an app that could maybe work with the password protection on my Hardrive. I could have the security and the convenience. Best of both worlds.

Welcome to the Community.

Your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

External Drive Ideas