Where did the Acronis for WD download go?

Hi Joe

Thanks for the link, when I went there through just downloads all it came up with was the updates for the My Book and Lifeguard.   There wasn’t any Acronis listed.

How do you delete the information off of the drive from Acronis??   I did delete the stuff that was in the Acronis logs.

I also got a replacement My Book.  That is brand new so I know the problem doesn’t lay there.

Yes, I did try it using the recovery CD.  It said the image verified, but when I right click on it (in my book) and click validate, it shows up in the log as invalid.  I don’t know if I should trust it’s a good image or not.   

I’m going to download the Acronis again and uninstall the one I have.  Hopefully that will fix the problem.

I have a question about RAM.  I put 2 new sticks in last year just about the same time I bought the new external HD.   That is when I discovered the problems.    I thought the problem was with Vista, so I dumped that and put a whole new drive inside and put Windows 7 on it.   I shouldn’t be having this problem.   Is it possible the RAM is the problem?

Can I still run Acronis if I pull those 2 new sticks out?

I haven’t been able to back this computer up for over a year now.

George