What backup software to use

The Windows 7 backup software doesnt seem to want to work with my WDBAAU0010HBK. Is there a recommended simple 3RD party solution? My needs are very modest.

Thanks

Chris

Are you just backing up data or do you want to make system images of the whole drive?

Joe

Good afternoon

I don’t know about Joe, but I would really like to create a complete backup (mirror) of my hardrive including the systems files.

Can this be accomplished with WDSmartware. I have a WD MyBook. If not will upgrading to Pro do the trick?.

Thanks

Hugh

Smartware will not make a disk image. Easeus and Paragon both have free backup software for this. They is not full featured. Acronis has a try and buy offer. WD also has a modified version of Acronis True Image in downloads. It is not full featured and modified to only work with a WD drive. With any of that software it is important to make the rescue disk and make sure your PC will boot from it.

Joe

Dear all,

I have a problem with my wd elements 1TB hard disc. Till the last day i was using it now it is not working on my pc  i tried to check anothen pc still not working it.its LED light is blinking also it showing on my Device and printers but it is not showing on my Computer so plsss help me to go forword with this wd hard drive