Western digital my book 1tb and broken case

Hi.

How i can use the hard disk is inside wd mybook case to take the data i have because the case was broken but the hard disk i know that it work correctly.

Can i take out the hard disk and put it as an external to any sata external case and read the data i have inside?

If i can do that how exactly can i do it?

A LOT OF THANKS.

It depends. If the drive is one of the SmartWare drives, then you’ll need to take it data recovery, because the drive will be encrypted.  If it’s not a SmartWare drive then you should be able to put it in another case and get your data.

Let’s say it was “SmartWare drives” how i can decrypt the files i was inside the hard disk?

I try to connect the hard disk into any sata → usb cable and the only place i see the wd 1tb green was at “Computer Management” and only there.

So how i can seet the files i have in that hard disk?

I don’t know if this helps but never i was used this program “smartware” so HOW i can decrypt or make visible all the files i have in that hard disk it was at mybook case?

Other than take it to one of our data recovery partners, I wouldn’t know.  When the drive is in the WD case, the pcb board will do the unencrypting.  That is as long as you didn’t have it password protected.  Then you’d need to enter the password to get the circuit board to unencrypt the drive.