WDCaviar SE16 DEAD :((

After reading your last post I decided to do this since you said I might like to get PCB (then the disk inside should be okay, and that’s what I wanted to make sure of)

Alright I connected the HDD through the SATA cables to my PC and the BIOS recognised the WD HDD.

Booted up windows and well… the HDD didn’t show up in “my computer”

I listened the hard drive for like 2 minutes, since the computer start till I the moment I shut down the computer to take the HDD back into the WD case. (since I couldn’t see the HDD in my computer)

And well, the noises were the same as always this WD HDD have been doing when it wasn’t reading or writing data when it was working correctly (obviously it makes some noises,  the spinning and some other like reading but minimum unlike before with the WD PCB which was an infinite loop of clicking, 3 clicks then 5seconds and repeat) so my guess is the heads and disks are okay. it must be the PCB as you been telling.

I’m thinking of sending the PCB and the HDD to www.recoverylabs.com . Mostly because I’m Spanish and I can communicate with them much better. I will tell them about all this, the symptoms and all to make sure they can make such thing (swap PCB or replacement of some chips or firmware replacement or what ever that could be)

What do you think about this move? thanks for your support, really appreciated <3