WD smartware download?

I made a terrible mistake :stuck_out_tongue: I format the my book without saving first the programs on it.Its incredible but i cant find were download the WD smartware on the Wd site. Someone can pls give me a link for it? thanks.

1 Like

If you formatted your drive and erased the WD SmartWare contents or if you previously removed all content from your WD external drive and would like to restore the WD SmartWare software package, download the WD SmartWare Disk Image as detailed in the instructions below.

Instructions:

1. Download either the Windows or Mac OSX version of the WD SmartWare Disk Image to a place you will remember, such as your Desktop.
  2. Select the Windows or Mac version of the WD SmartWare Disk Image.
  3. After the download completes, locate the WD SmartWare Disk Image in the location you saved it.
  4. Unzip and launch the WD SmartWare Disk Image for Windows or mount the dmg image to the Mac desktop.
  5. Copy all files and folders to My Passport Essential/Essential SE/ Passport for Mac.
  6. Install by running WD Smartware.exe for Windows or WD Smartware for Mac.
  7. After the installation completes, start the WD SmartWare software.
  8. Select the Backup tab and click Run Backup to protect your important files.
3 Likes

thank you for the help.

Only a question,

1. Copy all files and folders to My Passport Essential/Essential SE/ Passport for Mac.

why? can t I install it from everywere?

1 Like

I don’t know whether it expects to be in a specific folder or not… I just pasted WD’s instructions for restoring the software.

2 Likes