Occasional Visitor
niceday

WD SES Device Driver problems, please help!

Hi everyone,

I need to reinstall the WD SES Driver on my new computer, but unfortunately I lost the Extra folder which contained this driver. I tried to get the driver installed automatically through internet when the Found New Hardware Wizard screen popped up, it failed.

Then I downloaded the WD SES Driver and unzipped it. It comes with four files (wdcsam.cat, wdcsam.inf, wdscam.sys, and wdcsam64.sys) in one folder. Now what should I do with these files?

Thanks

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

Re: WD SES Device Driver problems, please help!

I'm not sure really. Extract to a file and when it asks for driver navigate there and see what you get.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
niceday

Thanks for the tip,Joe. But seems it didn't work out this time either. I manually installed it this time when the Found New Hardware Wizard screen popped up.

I have tried Install the software automatically/Install from a list or specific location. Both options at last leave me with the screen saying Cannot Continue the Hardware Update Wizard
The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software you currently have installed.

I just can't figure it out how to get the problem solved. Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Occasional Advisor
lifeonit

I would like to know, do you see it with a qquestion mark or exclamation ign under device manager?

Click the ** Kudos star ** to say THANK YOU for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else. :smileyhappy:
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD