Occasional Advisor
Krister
Accepted Solution

WD Quick Formatter for Windows?

Hi guys,

I hope so much that someone can help me since I was running the WD Quick Formatter for Windows on my Windows 7 computer and I chose the option that I have a windows 7 and not windows xp but I have 2 computers and one has windows xp and I don't find my harddrive anymore on my windows xp computer and I have many files that I would like to watch on my windows xp as well but I don't know how to do it so I hope so much that someone can help me and I don't want my files to be erased on my extern harddrive. Please help me

Occasional Advisor
Krister

Re: WD Quick Formatter for Windows?

I forgot to write that I Am using Western Digital Elements with 3 TB

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

You needed to check the XP option when formatting. Normally 32 bit XP doesn't recognize drives larger than 2 T but WD has a format that will work.

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Advisor
Krister

Hi again Joe_S,

I have noticed that I can watch my VIDEO_TS IFO files with Windows Media Player after I did the WD Quick Formatter for Windows. I Am so happy Joe but can I actually watch my files with any player now? I hope to hear from you soon and thanks for taking your time to help me.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD