WD MyPassport 500G [WDC WD7500BPVT - 75HXZT1] instability

Hi

Everytime i insert the device to my Laptop [Dell Inspiron N7110 17R i7 Win7 premium] via USB, the small LED indicating HD activity is working and all good but then after several seconds it just shut down [the LED light is off and the the sound of spinning disk is stop with sound of stop reading/writing] so it’s basically dead, but sometimes i checked and it works for few moments until i try to copy or paste file from it, so it’s very probable to it die when try read/write what probably happen somtimes by the Win7 OS, several seconds after inserting it, then kill it…

I try several things include reinstalling driver, editing policies, reconnecting of course [I’m not sure however i made it all right] and running overall DSKCHK on C:/…  I also checked the device on other Computer and it works fine, so the problem isn’t the hardware…

Any help?

Thanks a lot…

your model number is all wrong for a passport.  the model number you give is for a 750gb internal av mobile drive.  if you have a passport and that’s what is showing, there is something wrong with the drive.

Hi

Yes sorry about that i was mistakenly put the Laptop hardDrive instead… But the problems are still on…

Thanks

The PN is WDBACY5000ABL-00… I also noticed it’s also kind of disabling the CruizerBlade 16G DoK means it appear on the computer window but as empty maybe its a USB problem…

Thanks again