WD My Book Studio Edition 6TB can't change RAID Settings

Installing this Brand New drive on a Brand New Win 7 64 bit Home Premium HP Pavillion HPE. WD RAID Manager comes up and I cannot choose RAID config it is like the they are grayed out the quick format box I can click and unclick but not the raid options and cannot go forward until I choose a configuration. The machine see the drive it comes fomatted for Mac and formatted partition with Win 7 Disc management as found on WD support… Went  there because my user guide was only showing Win Vista so I was looking for an updated user guide possible firmware update.

In Win disc management it show 200mb EFI System that I cannot do anything with and then the remaining 5.8TB formatted as simple drive.

Right now WD Drive manager shows it as RAID 0  Healthy 1% used  but I cannot change it to a RAID 1 like I wanted.

Contacted support and they are telling me to reformat using WD Disc Manager but I cannot do anything with that.

What if you right-click the drive manager and select “Run as administrator”?

When I right click on the task bar WD icon near the Clock I only get About WD  RAID Manager , WD MY BOOK USB HDD> that brings up RAID Manager and Safely Remove. I do not get Run as Administrator Anywhere

It is showing also that I have WD Drive Manager v2.111

Problem solved found newr version v2.115 and now it allows the raid config. I thought I had checked for updates but nothing showed up. Seen that there was a newer version Wella

1 Like

There you go :slight_smile:

1 Like

Right On!!! worked for me   :slight_smile:

hey i have windows 32 bit version windows 7 could u please guide me through i have same problem please help

did you read the solutions that were posted above…

downloading the latest version of WD Drive manager solved the issue