Occasional Visitor
DsrtVW

WD My Book Studio Edition 6TB can't change RAID Settings

[ Edited ]

Installing this Brand New drive on a Brand New Win 7 64 bit Home Premium HP Pavillion HPE. WD RAID Manager comes up and I cannot choose RAID config it is like the they are grayed out the quick format box I can click and unclick but not the raid options and cannot go forward until I choose a configuration. The machine see the drive it comes fomatted for Mac and formatted partition with Win 7 Disc management as found on WD support.. Went  there because my user guide was only showing Win Vista so I was looking for an updated user guide possible firmware update.

In Win disc management it show 200mb EFI System that I cannot do anything with and then the remaining 5.8TB formatted as simple drive.

Right now WD Drive manager shows it as RAID 0  Healthy 1% used  but I cannot change it to a RAID 1 like I wanted.

Contacted support and they are telling me to reformat using WD Disc Manager but I cannot do anything with that.

Honored Contributor
ThePizzaMatrix

Re: WD My Book Studio Edition 6TB can't change RAID Settings

What if you right-click the drive manager and select "Run as administrator"?

You are reading a ghost long gone.
Occasional Visitor
DsrtVW

When I right click on the task bar WD icon near the Clock I only get About WD  RAID Manager , WD MY BOOK USB HDD> that brings up RAID Manager and Safely Remove. I do not get Run as Administrator Anywhere

It is showing also that I have WD Drive Manager v2.111

Occasional Visitor
DsrtVW

Problem solved found newr version v2.115 and now it allows the raid config. I thought I had checked for updates but nothing showed up. Seen that there was a newer version Wella

Honored Contributor
ThePizzaMatrix

There you go :smileyhappy:

You are reading a ghost long gone.
Occasional Visitor
vietvet

Right On!!! worked for me   :-)

Occasional Visitor
myogesh85

hey i have windows 32 bit version windows 7 could u please guide me through i have same problem please help

Honored Contributor
Wizer

did you read the solutions that were posted above..

downloading the latest version of WD Drive manager solved the issue

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD