WD My Book Essential not working

I’ve the adapter plugged in but it seems like it doesn’t work at all, as if it getting no power.

so I open the case up, put it directly to my PC, my Windows 7 sees the drive but I cannot access to my files. does the drive gets encrypted by the enclosure or what? why WD has to create some stupid feature like that? the drive is not damage at all but I cannot access to my files, how sad?

what should I do? my files are not so important but it’s my works that will cost me a lot of money anyway if I can’t get it back.

ps. it’s an WDBACW0020HBK-SESN My Book Essential 2TB

The drive is encrypted by the board with the USB connector on it. First I would try a different power adapted and see if that was the problem. Did you by chance plug in the wrong power adapter? It happens frequently and it burns a diode on the board. What good is a password protected drive that is accessible by simply removing it from the case?

Joe

the adapter in WD store is out of stock so I search on eBay and found this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141169180700?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

can anyone tell me that it’s compatible with WDBACW0020HBK. the seller said so but I’d like to hear a confirmation from WD staff.