Frequent Visitor
nutriga
Accepted Solution

WD My Book Essential data recovery

I have a My Book Essential which the USB board is burned out, I have taken the HDD out of the box and connected to the PC the drive is detected normally and no problem on the drive itself but the data is lost, I have tried several recover programs but only some files which I didn't recognize find out but the strange thing is that there is a file with 2.4GB size which matches my stored data size and the extension is SWF, is it somehow depended to smartware software and may be that is a smartware encrypted file? is so how can I just recover my files from inside of that file.

Honored Contributor
Alucardx23

Re: WD My Book Essential data recovery

[ Edited ]

Hi, If your my book model supports hardware encryption you wont be able to recover the files, only when connected to the USB board the data can be decrypted.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Occasional Visitor
niftyone

Re: WD My Book Essential data recovery

I have the same problem.

I didn't even see the large file you see.

what software did you use to see it?

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD