WD My Book Essential 2 TB - Windows Will Not Recognize

I totally agree with you. I am thinking about taking WD to court myself.

This [Deleted] WD Element 1.5 TB is giving me grief to no end. When I first bought it 3 years ago it was broken after a week of use…and then it was repeated “delayed write fail” and then drive just stopped being recognized. I tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked. I finally found out that these external 1.5 TB Element drives are using Western Digital’s “GREEN” drives after I took it out  and plug it straight into my computer and it froze my computer periodically. I finally found a way to wipe the hard drive using low level tool and strangely enough, after wiping it it works again. 
So I started using it again, for the next 3 years it will work with occassional “delayed write fail” problem appearing when I copy large files. But just yesterday it happened repeatedly whenever I plug it in until this drive just basically fail itself out.

Luckily I learned my lesson last time so I did dual backup to another drive.

But this $160 [Deleted] is something I regretted buying and NOT ONLY I WANT MY MONEY BACK, I WANT WESTERN DIGITAL TO BE PUNISHED FOR SELLING SHODDY HARDWARE THAT COST THE USERS THEIR TIME, PRECIOUS DATA, AND MONEY!