WD Elements Not Working After 4 Days

Alright guys

I do not know if anyone can help me at all.  I have just recently brought a WD elements 3tb external hard drive about 4 days ago.  Been using it since then transfer files over…  And now today it has completely stopped working…

It was originally letting me access part of the hard drive… But everytime I went to a certain folder it would say not accessible/not ready…

Now it wont even fire up… The power light keeps flashing but hard drive is not booting up in it at all…

Welcome to the Community. Have you tried connecting the power cable to another power socket, or connecting the Elements to another PC? 

I have put into another socket and all it does now is flicker very faintly… It doesn’t power up anymore…

I need this fixing because it has got all my data on it… I have only had it for 4 days and some company wants to charge me £249+vat for recovery…  This isn’t on Western Digital

if you need to recover your files, I recommend you to contact support directly, the can help you narrow down the cause of the problem.

http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

From what I saw online under their knowledge base is that they don’t deal with the data recovery themselves.  They outsource to another department…  Is that correct?  I thought I would have to pay for that even though only had it four days, so don’t see why I should have to pay for it…

I am getting a replacement from Amazon directly so I just need the data recovered