WD 4TB Will not start BU

Hi. I don’t know what’s wrong with my new 4TB book. I connected as instructed, downloaded all required files, and searched for support on “how to” schedule a back-up. I get all the way to the end of the tutorial, and everything on my WD Smartware screen looks the same as on the tutorial. However, after minimizing the Smartware, and having shceduled backup to begin in 15 minutes (I set it for12:30 PM. Sun - Sat, at 12:15 PM), nothing happens. I’ve tried setting this several times, alway with the same problem resulting. Backup will not start or take place. What is wrong? Mu book is showing up on my computer, has a drive letter assigned, and evrything is working properly except the backup start. Can anyone help, please? I feel like I’m missing an important step, or leaving it out. Do I need to somewhere, in Smartware, enter my registration code from WD Email on successful registration?

Hello and welcome to the WD community.

Try to uninstall the Software and then reinstall it on the computer to see if this works for you. You can also try to disable the backup and re enable it on the software. There is also a backup now button on the software you can try and press it to see if the backup starts.