Volume Full, No files Shown

My WD essentials ext HD 1021 Shows that the volume is almost full with 836 used. But no files are to be seen when accessing the drive.

I have Show All hidden files selected.

I have so much important stuff on this HD that I need to access. PLEASE PLEASE HELP

Welcome to the Community.

There are times when data corruption can alter folder properties to the point they are not seen even when Hidden Files are enabled. In this case try enabling hidden view for Protected System Files and Folders. Please bear in mind the files managed by this option are system-critical.

Regards,

Ive Enabling hidden view for Protected System Files and Folders. System protection was already disabled. If you have any other ideas could you please tell me how to do it.

I had same issue with my so called ‘legacy’ (older) external drives. Something wrong with the drives? Nah. Checked all cables and several drives. No way was this a coincidence. I had purchased a new external drive last month and realized there was a conflict in drivers or software. Plugged them  into older laptop that did not have the newer external drive installed. Voila. All of the “empty” folders - yes capacity was used - were now intact. People are so quick to say your hardware or software is corrupted. Try them on another computer. That may not be your issue, but it is worth a try. Be sure to swap cables if that doesn’t do it. Good luck.