Unable to uninstall WD Smartware SBS 2011

I installed the software on a virtualised SBS 2011 machine not realising that it wouldn’t work due to the os not seeing it as a normal usb hard drive except as a hdd via hyper v!

I installed the base version and then ran the update!

The first version seemed to uninstall however the update seems to have remained including the WDRules Service which I have since disabled, the other issue is the WD Drive Manager Status is listed as something that needs to be closed, this however does 't and it will not uninstall! I don’t even know where the WD Drive Manager Status is running from etc.

I would really like to resolve this issue asap, you can even log into my machine if you like via rdp, it is not a production server however I don’t really want to have to reinstall from scratch.

Above was also posted to support!

To solved this you may need remote assistance.  For this you may contact WD Support directly.

I placed the same thing to support two days before I posted here! I am still waiting for a reply! Not real happy…

I stopped using WD drives ages ago for similar reasons, had to get this one in a hurry!

I understand that I shouldn’t have installed Smartware and that I should have got an alternative drive etc. but we do silly things at the thought of losing data…