Unable to recover Data

I had a WD My Book Essential that is the 1TB USB 2.0 external hard drive.  For some reason, I plugged it to the computer and it says, do I want to format.  I told it no and I can’t access the drive.  I then accidentally formatted the drive and all my data are lost.  I tried using third party recovery tools like iCare, wondershare, and Stellar Phoenix to recover the data but the only thing that I can recover are the WD manual files. 

How do I go about recovering the data from the external hard drive in this case?

try using another recovery software

you can use TestDiskor Easeus Recovery

1 Like

Ontrack® EasyRecovery™ Professional

The above recovered EVERYTHING I had on a 3tb MY BOOK ESSENTIAL that displayed the “do I want to format” message.

In my case I did NOT format the drive

TOOK A LOT OF HOURS but the software recovered everything with “g” ( good? ) quality!

Since you say you formatted your drive I can’t say it would have the same result for you.

Do the trial version as it will show you what it found after it does a scan of your drive. If it finds what you want you then need to pay for the software in order to transfer your files to another drive!