Occasional Visitor
lalit05

Unable to access my Passport External hard-drive

1) I bought a 500 GB external hard disk(Passport) almost  a year back. For last 2 months, I have not been able to access the harddisk as it is not detected like an external drive. Whenever I connect the Hard-disk, a DC/DVD icon pops up and when I click it , it shows that "Device can't be opened due to an I/O error'.

I am using Windows Vista/Wondows 7 on my laptops. Is there any particular software update for resolving this problem.

Awaiting your revert with a solution to this problem.

2) I  also have another passport 500 GB whose content is not visible on windows Vista/Windows 7 or 8 but is visible/accesibe on XP. Can you tell me whether  there is a software update for accesing this drive on newer windows platforms?

Regards

lalit

Honored Contributor
Alucardx23

Re: Unable to access my Passport External hard-drive

Be sure to connect the passport directly to the PC, avoid using extension USB cables or USB hubs. 

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and be sure to come back and 'Accept as Solution' under options for the post that solved your issue.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD