USB 3.0 My Book Essential 2TB Disappears after about 10 minutes

I connect the drive it is recognized, all data on it is accessible, it is in enabled in disk management. After about 10 minutes I receive a USB device not recognized and the drive no longer appears on my computer. In device manager I get Unknown USB Device (set address failed) Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) If I de-power the drive then re apply power it is recognize and the whole thing staets over. It does work fine on a USB 2.0 only port. The card I have is a nec/renesas. At this point I have deleted and reinstalled all drivers numerous time, any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I’m having the exact same problem with my USB3.0 My Book Essential 3TB.  It runs fine for about 30 minutes and then disappears.  I can be streaming a movie from it and then I get a network error on my WD Live TV, go check the computer and the My Book is no longer recognized.  This just started happening a few days ago.  Never ahd any issues before and I’ve had the drive for 11 months.

Any help would be appreciated!

1 Like