Syncing external drive with MyBook

Have just purchased MyBook Live, mainly for storage of music & photos. Am in the process of copying all music from other WD external drive then will keep it as a back-up. A question. How can I make sure any changes I make on one drive will be reflected on the other? I regularly alter or upload new photos and am not sure how the sync process works. This may be a simple question but I’m not too familiar with how to set this up to avoid having one up to date set of info and another falling behind. Hope this makes sense. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.  

You could try searching for an application for synchronization.

At this moment the WD drives come with backup software but does not have a synchronization option.

1 Like

I use GoodSync http://www.goodsync.com/ and just run it manually. I’ve never got involved with the more advanced features. I don’t know if it will work for you or not.

Joe

1 Like

Thanks for replying, I am spending the morning checking out various syncing apps online. 

Thanks for replying. Something along the lines of GoodSync looks perfect. I’ll read up on a few and then go down that route.