RMA Status explanations

smilesdavis wrote:

So I received a response that said something along the lines of “the status updates are for internal use”

…at this point I still have yet to get an answer as to what the different status updates mean. Considering they are posted as updates for the user to view - I’d imagine they are meant to be used as points of reference for the user as well as internally.

…so what do the different status mean?

I still don’t know what the difference between submitted, waiting and closed really mean.

Is it possible for the RMA’s status to close while WD still has a hold on your credit card?

These seem like fair questions.

Makes me nervous to do an advanced RMA if I can’t get an answer on this topic

I don’t know what the statuses mean – I have three RMA’s, all settled even though the older two show status SUBMITTED and the last one shows CLOSED.

All were done as advance, and they didn’t necessarily take the hold off immediately when they got the old drives back, but that didn’t bother me because I didn’t have to pay it. If they never took if off it would expire in whatever period your bank policy states. There would only be a problem if you tend to max out your credit card.

I bought their prepaid UPS shipping labels for all, tracked them, and kept proof that they were received and signed for withing the 30 days. As long as I had proof of delivery in hand, I wasn’t worried about having to pay.

I was told by WD that the labels they sell carry insurance “from their end.” If you choose your own shipping method just make sure the package is insured and trackable.

Jim