RMA Question, shipping to France

Hi all,

I am seeking the help of the WD community as I cannot quite grasp the process of returning a defective product.

I have purchased a WD My Book 4To from a large retailer in Sweden. 10 day of perfect work then, out of the blue, it starts making a rattling sound. It is not detected anymore in my Win7 computer  or in any other computer (I tried).

Now, after contacting support and doing tests (power it on without usb cable, etc.) I conclude it is defective and needs replacement.

My problem, precisely, is “how to issue a RMA for my product” and “where do I obtain the RMA number”???  I am looking for direct, plain and simple answers, practical steps.

Thank you very much people !

Any help is most appreciated as the support team keeps referring me to the FAQ  that doesn’t help me much.

PS: Although bought in Sweden, I need it shipped to France but that’s not a major issue appearently.

Thanks again! 

O.

Hello,

In order for you to get a RMA number you need to either call or email WD, this is support  phone number for your area;

Sweden 00800-ASK4WDEU
(00800- 27549338)
Monday-Thursday
Friday

9 am- 7 pm CET
9 am- 5 pm CET

After you complete this process you will receive a email with all the necessary information to complete the RMA process such as : Shipping information, packaging information, etc.

Thank you Nesvik for your reply. I actually emailed the WD support and they referref me to the website, which refers me to a list of distributors. Am I suppoosed to contact 3rd party distributors on my own?

Thanks !

O.

Hello,

Indeed, if WD does not have a warranty center in your country you need to reach a distributor.

Where are you located?

1 Like

Hi,

I am in Tunisia, but I bought my hdd in Sweden and I can have it shipped to France.

But WD doesn’t seem to have warranty centers anywhere, does it? There is a list of distributors in every country and all are 3rd parties, not WD. 

So another question if I may, should I contact a distributor in Sweden (country of purchase) or France (country of replacement) ? And then to which should I send the defective device?

Thank you Nesvik, this is very helpful !

O.