Playing movies through WDTV, "No Storage Present"

I just bought a 3TB My Book Essential hard drive to play movies through my WD HD TV hub that i bought in 2010.  I’ve been playing my movies off my 1TB Hitachi hard drive for the last two years and it works great, but when I plug in My Book Essential with a few movies that I just put on it all it says on my screen is “No Storage Present”.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  I’ve read some things that this hard drive might be too large for the WD HD TV to support, might this be true?  Any and all help is appreciated! Thanks!

I have a this kind of problem allso.

I have this player 5 day now, every time I switcht it of my drive is gone.

The only way to get it back is to stick the drive in my pc.

Delete wdtv map.

Let windows check the drive.

Restart the player with no drives connected.

Then I can connect the drive and then it will be seen again.

Well, you understand that I am fed up with this, and I am planning to return it to get a decent player.

I had a generation 2 and this worked allways well, stil does, why they are not able to do something about this.

The internet is filled with this complain.

Dappertje 

Something else, why is it that windows need to correct the drive every time it has been atached to the media player.

This problem excist since the first generation player what they have put into the market.

Why this thing are not getting solved, this can’t be difficult whit ther own drives atached.

I found half of my problem.

The wd drives has a build in timer to park the heads and to go to sleep.

I had to disable that to keep the drive visible for the wd player.

Is’t it redicules that wd didn’t put the software in to the player deal with ther own drives.

Look here how you can do it very simple.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2eYyRI_F98