One of three my books not recognizing

Ive been running 3 my books for a while now, one 2tb drive and two 3 tb drives, and since i bought them they have all worked fine no problems, all three being recognizing in the WD Quick View on task bar and all three connected to a usb pci card thats working fine, but last6 week one of the 3tb my books stoped being recognized in WD Quick View but the light turns on and it sounds like its working, its even viewable in my computer but reads as 0/0 bytes and apon opening is empty, im completly lost as ive tryed everything, the other 2 externals are stillw orking fine being recognizing in WDQV and in my computer, and go figure the drive not reading is 98% full with all the data i need ha, id love to avoid data recovery if possible but if it’s the only option i got no choice, and have already purchase 2 more externals to create backups of the two working drives so to avoid this problem again. Sorry for the long description but figured only way to describe situtation, any help greatly appreciated.

and if needed its a 3TB My Book Essential,   P/N: WDBACW0030HBK - 00     2211D,  [Deleted], R/N: C3C

when the drive shows 0 % is due to corruption

try a data recovery software to retrieve the files and then format the partition

I am having almost the exact same problem. My E-Book, 2 Tb, has been working for almost a year now with no problems. Then, after a brief power outtage, only lasting a few seconds (One of the many through out the year), it stopped working. The light is still on, when I plug it in to the port, it recognises the device (As HP SES Device USB Device), however, it does not display that the device is connected in my Computer, nor can I access it through other means. When I attempt to plug it in, instead of displaying a notice that the device has been installed completely without error, as it usually would do, it promts the Windows Device Manager and Installation Wizard.

Any ideas?

Grimace wrote:

I am having almost the exact same problem. My E-Book, 2 Tb, has been working for almost a year now with no problems. Then, after a brief power outtage, only lasting a few seconds (One of the many through out the year), it stopped working. The light is still on, when I plug it in to the port, it recognises the device (As HP SES Device USB Device), however, it does not display that the device is connected in my Computer, nor can I access it through other means. When I attempt to plug it in, instead of displaying a notice that the device has been installed completely without error, as it usually would do, it promts the Windows Device Manager and Installation Wizard.

Any ideas?

check disk management to see if the drive is showing there

it it’s, a recovery software will do

I checked, and it is showing, however, the recovery software does not detect any partitions in the drive and crashes. I am using Remo Recovery Pro Edition. I tried running the program on one of my other drives and it was working fine. I then tried a program called TestDisk, but no partitions were detected.

Also, under Device manager, it detects the harddrive under disk drives, (HP Desktop HD BD07 USB Device), but at the same time, under Other Devices, it is also detects it, but cannot recognise what it is.

Thanks for replying,

Any thoughts?