Occasional Visitor
Flamewave

Nothing happens when plugged in

This is the hard disk that i have 

Its 1.5 tb, and I bought it at around June 2010.

So today I plugged in my hard disk and it worked perfectly. Then I decided  to watch a movie and the movie didn't load, so I used task manager to stop the program. I don't know what happaned, BBOD just came out. Afterwards, my computer restarted and it doesn't load windows  (I had still have the  hard disk plugged in). So I thought something was weird and I unplugged the hard disk (usb cable) and windows started to load. ( I am currently using windows 7). 

So after loading everything in Windows, I decided to plug it in to my computer again. And nothing comes out, the lights keep flashing. There are no USB manager, nothing pops up and I see nothing in My Computer. 

It not just affects loading windows, it even affects shutting down windows.

I don't know how to fix this, can someone please teach me how to fix this? I want to avoid formatting as there are many important data in the hard disk. 

Advisor
MacVaio

Re: Nothing happens when plugged in

Welcome to the club.... :robotsad:

Hope someone hear us @wdc.com

Honored Contributor
Joe_S

You probably have a better chance winning the lottery!

Joe

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue.
Visitor
chrissyj

have exactly the same problem..

did you fix it?

Advisor
MacVaio

chrissyj wrote:

have exactly the same problem..

did you fix it?

nah!  U guys should ask for a R·E·F·U·N·D!  :robotwink: No way!!

And remember: there's no backup until you have made the third backup of the second backup of your original data. :robotmad:

Advisor
Jammer

Maybe we can stay in touch, in case either of us finds the fix... http://community.wdc.com/t5/My-Book-for-PC/Win-7-WD-1TB-and-2TB-Essential-Books-USB-New-and-NOT-reco... <- My problem with a 1tb and a 2tb.

Here the local Walmart has put the same model of hard drive as yours for $90. They charge 10 bucks MORE for the 1TB ($100)- So far I seen them do this twice and each time they sold out of the 1.5 TBs fast. I still wonder why they would charge 10 dollars less for a hard drive 50% larger? They may be sold out of the 1.5s now, but who knows.

I realize that any product sold has PRO and CON posts about it online. I just jope the positive posts are more correct.

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD