Need help recovering deleted partition due to WD's Very Abnormal partition scheme

ArMak wrote:

Hi and welcome to the WD community

WD external drives normally have NTFS partitions (for windows) or HFS+(for mac) which are standard file systems. Regarding the partition scheme normally on drives that are bigger than 2 TB the OS on this case Windows or Mac OS use what is called a GUID or GPT partition which on this type of drives and operating systems is a standard and it has more to do with how the OS sees the drive.

You can check this link for the WD data recovery partners, you can contact then and in some cases the diagnostic of the drive is free of charge:

http://support.wdc.com/recovery/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

I’m trying to reply to Total Support but for some reason i cannot type in the rich text area. My apologies for not getting back to total support right away, i just got married and had busy week. I will try to contact total support again so they can call me this week. Any idea why i cannot type in rich text i hd to use HTMl for this post… it’s very odd… i think my browser is missing up.