Mybook Live "Enter network Password"

I ran  into this while trying to troubleshoot anther problem with incredibly slow transfer of files and now I am stuck with this new problem before I can get back to the old problem.

I go to my Windows explorer and try to open one of my folders on the Mybook live and it asks me for a login email and password. Nothing that I put in works.

Now, since I have already put about 18 hours into trying to get this thing to work, 3 of them today, I have a lot of logins and passwords, but I have kept track of all of them.

I have no idea what Network Password is being asked for.

I can log into my Dashboard, so, if I knew what I am being prompted for, I could probably update that info.

Any help?

I click on “myfriends” folder

And I get this prompt:

I put what I think is the answer in and then I get this different prompt.

I don’t know if it is asking now for a different login and password or just telling me, with a different window, that it is still not what it is looking for.

Can anyone explain this?

I was able to log into it and do some testing earlier today, with no password at all, but while I was just doing a timed transfer of a few megs of files so I could  get some tech support, the transfer hung up on me and I had to reboot to get back to normal. It just would not stop no matter what. When I started back up again, then it started asking me for email and password.

Jeezzzzz. You guys should be paying me to beta test this for you. I’ve been building computers since 2003, probably over 100 for myself, friends and relatives. I help people with their home networking problems. I use eleven networked comptuers in my house for my home business.  I am not a NOVICE.

Well, its been a few hours now and no tech support. I just contacted Amazon and this piece of ■■■■ is being picked up tomorrow. Unfortunately, some other ■■■■■■ will end up with it.

The WD Community was created for Users, such as yourself, to help one another, and to share your experiences and ideas with one another. As Moderators, we are here simply to facilitate and oversee the community. If you have a question relating the what’s going on in the community, we will be happy to respond. However, if you are looking for technical support from WD, you will need to contact them directly.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

deepsix80 wrote:

Well, its been a few hours now and no tech support. I just contacted Amazon and this piece of ■■■■ is being picked up tomorrow. Unfortunately, some other ■■■■■■ will end up with it.

I have this drive and it works fine for me.  I use it all the time with network passwords, and even wd2go.  if you’re interested, what os are you using?  your dialogue windows look like vista, but I’m not sure.

I had this problem. I entered “admin” for the username and left the password blank and hit enter and it let me into the drive.