MyBook on two different computers?

I Have a Western Digital 2TB MyBook installed and working great connected to my desktop computer. I have a new laptop and I was thinking if I can install and use MyBook on it as well. So, is it possible to just remove temporarily MyBook from the desktop then connect and install it on the laptop. This way i can just connect it to the device that needed to transfer files into it or vice versa. I think this is possible but im afraid that it will delete my files once I install it on my laptop. What do you think?

You can use it on as many computers as you want as long as they run the same operating system family, but if you want to transfer the files then it’s best to do it manually (Copy and paste back and forth) instead of relying on the software…

1 Like

I installed my book live on 4 different computers. One Windows XP SP3, 2 Windows 7 Home edition, and I also installed it on a MacBook Pro with the time machine. Everything works great! You don’t have to uninstall it on your desktop. Just install it on as many computers you want it to connect to.

Hope this helps.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and ‘Accept as Solution’ under options for the post that solved your issue

1 Like

One more note. With WD2go (free)  I can also access the shared folders from my i-phone as long as I am on wifi.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts and ‘Accept as Solution’ under options for the post that solved your issue

1 Like