MyBook 1130 is not being regconized by my computer!

Hello Everyone!

I have a Mybook 1130 USB 3.0 and since last week is not being detected by my computer. I was watching a movie one night and then it stopped all the sudden and the hard drive icon dissappeared from my computer… I disconnected and connected it back again windows started to install the drivers as is was the first time i plugged it in… here’s what i get when i plug it to my computer… the windows detects a mass storage device and installs it proplely but the two others driver dont (WE Mybook 1130 USB Device & WE SES Device USB Device) they keep installing for at least 5 mins and then windows says  driver installation fails :(  i try to different computers and laptops and i get the same error… i spoke to two different ppl from the support department… one of them said have download the drivers from WE website and the other said it was the USB 3.0 cable which i believe is not the problem since the computer detects the hard drive when it being plugged in but it cant install the drivers…

does any one know what the problem might be???

any help will be greatly appreciate!

i have almost a 1.5TB of personal data in HHD and i dont wanna loose any of it… pix since i was a teen, music, movies and a lot more…

Hello,

What Operating System you are using? Also if possible what’s the model number of the drive?

well im using windows 7 64bits… and the model of my drive is  WD My Book Esential USB 3.0…