My Passport WDBA keeps connecting and disconnecting

Todday as i was working with My Passport Essential SE of 3 years, full of my most important files, it got dissconected. and after trying to connect it again nothing works. It keeps connecting and dissconecting every 10 sec and when I try to open it it shows “parameter is incorect”.

I have read most of the questions in this from and non of them solved the issue. I cant scan it as it keeps disconnecting.

I test another passport (Ultra) with this cable (USB 3 compattible with USB 2) and it works just fine.

Plz help. 

If possible try using another USB cable to connect the Passport and be sure to connect it directly to the PC. 

naderaminifar wrote:

Todday as i was working with My Passport Essential SE of 3 years, full of my most important files, it got dissconected. and after trying to connect it again nothing works. It keeps connecting and dissconecting every 10 sec and when I try to open it it shows “parameter is incorect”.

I have read most of the questions in this from and non of them solved the issue. I cant scan it as it keeps disconnecting.

I test another passport (Ultra) with this cable (USB 3 compattible with USB 2) and it works just fine.

Plz help. 

If you are not exaggerating when you say “every 10 seconds,” and you are getting that strange error (Is tat during a 10 sec. interval when it is known to be "connected?), I would contact WD support by phone if it is still in warranty. If not, try connecting it to another computer as a first step. Unless you have a password set on it, no special software should be needed.

Jim