My Passport Ultra Not Detected Lights Keeps Blinking

Hello everyone,

i bought my passport ultra 1TB external drive on 19-Jan-15  and when i connect to my sytem the drive it  is not detected the lights just keeps blinking i checked in

1.disk management the drive is not displayed

2.connected in all ports ( front & back )

still issuse is not solved

Product Details

My Passport Ultra

Warranty Status ( check the screen shot )

Screenshot

system information

windows 8.1 32bit

if you need any additional information it can be provided

kindly help me to solve this issuse

thank you

EDIT:

The issuse is solved i just connected in back port & still this doesn’t work in front and i just bought a usb hub as the cable provided is too short and thank you everyone in helping me solve my issuse

Hi Ashokkumar, welcome to the WD Community. You can try connecting the Passport to another USB port, and if possible to another PC to verify if the same problem happens. Also verify if you have the latest USB 3.0 drivers installed for your PC/Laptop. 

Yep, try another computer.  If it works on another your USB drivers may need cleaning.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-easily-remove-old-drivers-from-windows/

Hello I am having this same problem not with one my passport but two. I have to wiggle and wiggle the cord in order for it to work and some times (most of the time) still does not work. I have tried everything on the site and used all of the suggestions.these drives cost so much I can’t afford to buy a third. Oh yea, I order two new cables because I thought mybe the cable had a short in it. and low and be hold the same issue once connected to my pc (window 10 64 bit.) No luck!! Please help, Yes, I have tried different usb ports and a different computer still the same result.

thank you,
Rachel

[Solution which worked] Initially I did check the external drive on all the mac ports to see if it was detecting - that unfortunately didn’t work, then I tried the second thing which was to repair the disk via Disk Utility. If you had a partition on your PC/Laptop ensure you run the disk utility on that system where My Passport external drive was originally setup, else the passport drive may not detect on the disk utility. When you plug it in your external drive and run the disk utility, it will ask for if you want to run the “repair” option. Run the repair which may take approximately 45mins to an hour depending on the capacity of your drive. This should probably work if changing of usb/usb-c ports does not. Good luck !!