My Passport 2TB USB 3.0 keeps randomly disconnecting. HELP!

If you are having this problem with your WD external drives on a USB 3 hub made by Fresco Logic, the below fix was sent to me by Fresco Logic Tech Support and solved the problem immediately.  Those that have different USB Hubs in their computers should take caution in using the below fix.  

OK. SO  I’ve been told to warn users of the potential risk in using a registry file edit due to the fact that everyone’s systems are not the same:  USE THIS DOWNLOADED FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. WD is not responsible for any problems someone may have in using this linked file.  THAT being said.  I have used it and this thing completely solved the problem for me in disconnecting drives that are connected to the fresco logic USB Hubs out there.  The file was sent to me directly from FRESCO LOGIC support.  and lo and behold it worked!  PLEASE USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK!   I know it worked perfectly for me, but may not for you… although I believe it will likely work for most people having this specific problem.   https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_8dnVBTREGMeEFVclZ1WUNpUVk/edit?usp=sharing

To use: once downloaded, double click on the registry edit file to install (add to registry) and REBOOT. This is a power management feature in FRESCO LOGIC’s USB 3 Hub that is malfunctioning and the registry add fixes it. I had tried EVERYTHING to fix this for months and this is the only thing that works. No need to use outdated drivers from fresco anymore.   

Below is the email I received from tech support at FRESCO LOGIC regarding the problem and the file he sent to me that solved the problem:  

Dear Sir,

I am sorry to hear that you are encountering problems with your Fresco controller.

It sounds like you may be experiencing a device-specific issue associated with power management. Power management has been enabled more aggressively in these recent drivers, which would explain why you are seeing this issue with our most up-to-date software.

I have attached a registry setting file that will disable some of the device power management features. Please enable the registry setting by unzipping the attached file and double-clicking the resulting .reg script.

Please do let us know if this resolves your issue or not.

Sincerely,

Fresco Support Team