My Book USB3 Drive not detected possible solution

I’ve been having the same problem as many people with my My Book suddenly not being detected well here is a solution I found on the net, it may work for you.

I have the Etron USB 3 on a Gigabyte Z68 board.

Originally I just had the drive going to sleep problem and kept having to unplug and replug it back in to make it work and then all of a sudden I could not get it to be recognized anymore.  I tried BIOS updates, uninstalling reinstalling the drivers but all to no avail.  Strangely the drive would work in a USB2 port.  After much searching I turned off HPET in the BIOS Power Management Support and immediately the drive worked again in a USB 3 port and it flies.  Several reboots later it’s still working.

Hope this works for you.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

Joe

Just a quick update:

My computer is on 24/7 and this morning the drive had gone to sleep (even though all the power management settings tell it not to) so the only way I could get it to show up was unplug/replug as usual :frowning:

I’ve now plugged it into a USB 2 port to see what happens.

SO the HPET settings seem to at least allow it to be recognised in a USB3 port - but that’s no good if you can’t see it after a couple of hours.